Friday, June 7, 2013

The Virgin Diet update


1st of all I want to start by saying that I am sorry that I have missed the last two weeks of menu planning.  With Princess off for the summer I have been trying to rearrange my schedule.    I am working on trying to find a happy medium, so that I can do everything I need to do.  So far our summer has just been mad chaos, which has caused me to not have enough time to work on my blog.  Hopefully in the next few weeks here I will have ironed out all the kinks and be able to get back to posting regularly. 

               Now on to my diet update.  So far on TheVirgin diet, which for those of you who do not know what this is, it is an elimination diet.    Anyway back to my point, so far I have lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks.  I have been learning a lot from this diet.  For example before this diet I did not realize how much stuff corn and soy hide in.  I now know they are in a lot of what I was eating and I also know that I am almost positive that I have intolerances to both. 

               This diet is not easy by any means.  Especially when you have to have food you cannot eat in the house for the rest of your family.  It takes a lot of will power.  You have to really want to improve your health to do this diet.  For me, my health was the whole reason for doing this.  I had been suffering from stomach issues since I was a teenager.  Maybe even before that.  Through the years I have had pretty much every test possible run on my digestive tract.  I have been diagnosed with countless things.  But shortly after every diagnosis the symptoms have always come back, sometimes with extra symptoms with them.  I had come to a point where I had just accepted this as just part of my life.  Just something I had to deal with. 

                     Then one day I was researching the internet and came across information about food intolerances.  I started talking to my mom about it and she found JJ Virgins page here.  She got the book and started talking about it.  I knew it sounded like something I needed to try, but was not sure I wanted to spend the money.  In the meantime my mom started the diet.  Once I saw the changes that were taking place with here I knew for sure that I was going to give it a try.  So I bought JJ Virgin’s book, read it and went and bought the supplies for the diet.  I have to say it really has been amazing I have had more energy than I have had in years.  (And I do not even get to sleep through the night thanks to little man.)  My skin is clearer.  And the best part I have not had any stomach problems in 3 weeks.  This was something I had been dealing with prior to the diet on a daily basis. 

                       Now I have had to restart the diet twice, and am going to have to restart it for the 3rd time on Monday.  But I know with a little perseverance I will figure out what all had been causing my problems.  And for me that is an amazing thing.  To be able to know that I may not have to deal with my issues that I thought were just a part of my life.  If any of this sounds like something you have experienced or if you just want to know more please feel free to check out JJ Virgin’s page here.  

 

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment