Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Menu Plan and a Virgin Diet Update

       I know I have not been on my blog in a while.  This summer has just been a majorly chaotic one.  I guess that, that is partly my fault.  I try to  keep our summer pretty busy with activity so that the kids will not be bored.  Because of this my blog and sometimes the house work seems to have suffered.  But to me the important thing is my kids and enjoying this time while I have it. 
       Now on to my diet update.  Well I can happily say that I have finely made it too stage two of the diet.  This is the testing phase.  Last week I tested eggs and found out that I do not have any problems with them.  Starting today I am supposed to be testing Soy.  Now I am not a huge fan of soy.  I sometimes like a little soy sauce with my Chinese food, or I sometimes like veggie burgers.  But that is the extent of it.  I originally was not going to even test soy, but while I have been on the diet I have started reading labels and soy is in so many things, that I ended up realizing I needed to test it.  That being said brings me to my menu.  It is not quite a complete menu.  I have only found two things that I want to make that are legal with the diet.  I am supposed to test for 4 days, so I still need to figure out two more.  If anyone has any ideas, I would more than welcome the suggestions.


Week of 7/16/13 - 7/22/13

My breakfasts are still just protein shakes.

Kids Breakfasts

Cereal x3
Waffles x3
Smoothies with Blueberry muffins


Dinners

Boca Veggie Burgers
Baked Soy Lemon Chops from all recipes (except instead of the vegetable oil that the recipe calls for I will be using extra virgin olive oil)

Non Soy Items

Baked Herb Lemon Chicken from Andicakes
Brown Rice Pasta with Meat Sauce
Grilled Chicken Salad


What are you eating this week?


Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment