Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Life and Death


   My vacation last week did not turn out how my kids or I thought it would.  My kids and I picked up my Grandmother on Wednesday and took her to her beach house.  Thursday morning we came downstairs for breakfast to find that she had fallen on her bedroom floor.  By Thursday afternoon she was gone.  She died suddenly and unexpectedly.  This whole thing has seemed to be hardest on my daughter Princess.  She has been sad, emotionally and physically drained.   There is no way for me to know totally what is going through her head.  But I do know that she misses her great- grandmother terribly, and she wishes she had gotten to tell her she loved her.  I am not writing this to make anyone feel bad for us.  I just want to put it out there, too make sure you kiss the ones you love every chance you get.  Tell them you love them.  Or even better show them that you love them.  Don’t waste away the precious time that you have with them, because in a blink of an eye they could be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment