Friday, May 10, 2013

Chores for Preschoolers

  Are your little ones always asking to help?  If they are anything like mine they are.  My kids Princess and Captain Curious are always asking to help.  Princess will say, "Can I help mom?"  and then Captain Curious always follows with, "I help please mommy?"   What do I do when they ask this question?   I find something for them to do of course.  I was recently thinking about giving the kids some chores to do.  Some of these are daily and weekly.  Also some are by themselves and others are with help.  Below is a list of what I came up with.


DAILY CHORES

________   Put dirty clothes in the laundry basket

________   Set table or help set table

________   Clear your dishes from the table

________  Clean up toys

For my older one Princess I have a few extra daily chores.

________  Help dry any plastic dishes

________  Help change laundry around. 

Both of my kids love to empty the lint trap.  But for Princess she also likes when I hand her the wash and let her put it in the dryer.

________  Put any of your laundry away.

Princess loves to put her clothes away.

WEEKLY

________  Help dust

________ Help sweep

Princess sometimes helps with cleaning the bathroom.  But I do not use toxic chemicals.  I only use a white vinegar and water solution, and sometimes baking soda.  I will talk about this another time though.  My point is that what I clean with is safe for her to be around.  I also never force this on her it is only if she wants to help with the bathroom.  Do your kids have any chores?  What do they do to help?  I would love to hear from you!



Christina

  

No comments:

Post a Comment