Monday, May 20, 2013

Menu Plan for 5/20/13 - 5/26/13 and Diet Update

   I have only been on The Virgin Diet for 6 days now and I have already come to some conclusion about my family and my health.  First of all I definitely have some kind of intolerance.  I will find out what I have the intolerance to in a few weeks.  The results in these 6 days have been amazing.  I feel so much better.  My stomach has not bothered me for 6 days.  I had skin problems, alright I had adult acne, but that has started to clear up.  And I have so much energy more than I have had in years.

   If any of you out there have stomach issues like IBS, I would highly recommend you check out JJ Virgin’s The Virgin Diet.  It really does help.  You can check out her site or buy her book click here.

    Now back to my conclusions my 2nd and 3rd conclusions where that I have been feeding my family way to much processed food, and that I have not been feeding them enough fruits and vegetables.  So that is changing in our household.

   Below is my menu for the week.  For Breakfasts you will once again see that I have two different plans for my kids and for my hubby and me.  For dinners we will all eat the same thing.

 

BREAKFASTS
For my husband and me it will be protein shakes all week.

For the kids

Cereal with fruit x3
Oatmeal with fruit x2
Scrambled Eggs with Turkey Bacon and Fresh Fruit
Waffles with Fruit

DINNERS
All of the dinner recipes this week are from The Virgin Diet Companion Cookbook by JJ Virgin

The 5 minute “Insane Man Hunger” cure
Slow-Cooked Coconut Ginger Pork with Broccoli and Brown Rice
Leftovers
Lemon Rosemary Broiled Salmon
Paleo Turkey Bolognese
Marinated Chicken Kebobs with Grecian Salad
One Pot Southwest Chicken Breasts

What is your menu plan for the week?  Feel free to leave a comment!  I would love to here from you!


Christina

1 comment:

  1. Did you say Paleo? I've been trying to do a bit of Paleo here and there too.
    I stopped by today to let you know I've nominated you for the Leibster Award. Please check out my blog to learn more about it, and hopefully except my nomination :)
    http://mrs-aok-a-work-in-progress.blogspot.com/2013/05/leibster-award-nomination.html
    XO,
    Mrs.AOK
    http://mrs-aok-a-work-in-progress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete