Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spring Cleaning - How to limit trash






Spring is right around the corner.  With that in mind I was making my spring cleaning list.  And I started thinking about what I was going to do with all the trash.  So here is a list of what I came up with.


1. Recycle as much trash of possible.  Our town provides recycling as part of the trash service.

2. Compost wastes - If you are a gardener, or just want to reduce your carbon foot print this could be a good option to look in too.

3. Donate to the Goodwill, Salvation Army or what ever is available in your area.

4. Turn your trash into cash.  Find a resale shop to try to sell it at.  Have a garage sale, yard sale, or try to sell your stuff on eBay.

5. Reuse items as much as possible.

6. Repurpose - Find DIY repurposing projects to do.  This is a good way to turn something old into something new.

7.  Hold a clothing, books, or movie swap.  I am fortunate enough to have my sister close by.  We have kids around the same ages, but they are opposite sexes so we swap clothes. This works out great because as you may know kids out grow clothes way to fast.

These are just some options. I am sure that there are many more options as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment