Monday, March 25, 2013

Top 10 Books for Preschoolers

   I was reading to my kids last night and decided to compile a list of my personal top 10 favorite books for Preschoolers.  These are ones that I have loved as a little girl and I love reading to my kids.  Hope you enjoy!

        
 1. There's Something In My Attic by Mercer Mayer
 2. SESAME STREET The Together Book by Revena Dwight
This is one of the Little Golden Books.  This was by far my favorite as a child.  As you can tell from the duct tape it has seen some better days.

 3. The Tale of PETER RABBIT by BEATRIX POTTER
Honestly, who does not love Peter Rabbit?
 4.  The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
Okay, this one is cheating a little because it is more then one story.  But my kids love this one.   
 5. The Night Before Christmas by Clement C Moore
Okay, who doesn't love this one?  For a child this book captures the essence of Christmas.
 6. Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
   This whole series is good, but this first one is my favorite.  This book still as an adult makes me laugh every time I read it.




 7.THE POKY LITTLE PUPPY by Jannette Sebring Lowery
Adapted by Rosanna Hansen 
This one in the Picture is an adaption of the original.  I really love the original but I did not have it on hand.
 8. Ten Apples Up On Top! by Dr. Seuss
Writing as Theo LeSieg
This is one of two Dr. Seuss books that made it on my list.
9. Gregory, the Terrible Eater by Mitchell Sharmat









10. The Best Nest by P. D. Eastman

This is the second of my favorite Dr. Seuss books.

No comments:

Post a Comment